Friday, October 17, 2008

Living Life

Today's quote comes from Christopher Morley a writer from the mid 1900s one of his best know accomplishments was editing and expanding Bartlett's Familiar Quotations making him a rather appropriate person to quote here.

"There is only one success - to be able to live your life in your own way."

I'm sure most of you upon reading this quote will instantly agree with then pause consider it for a second more then instantly reject it. Of course we can't live life our own way, we need to live it God's way.

I would agree with you but we also need to be careful that we don't let other tell us what God's path is for us. We can't let others point us down a path and say follow it it's what I think you should do or I think it's what God wants you to do.

You need to be able to stand by yourself and say this is what God wants me to do and so I will do it and in doing that I would argue that I would be living life in my own way.

No comments: